Welcome to the DipTimer Page
DipTimer is a little program which looks after deadlines for FtF Diplomacy games and
Diplomacy Tournaments. It displays a massive digital countdown clock on the screen,
together with the current season and year. The length of each turn can be adjusted independantly
for Spring and Fall, and per year. It will also play wavefiles at certain points during the countdown, which
can be used to automatically announce the deadline, as well as giving warnings at predetermined
lengths of time before the deadline. All the controls, including the ability to exit the program,
are protected by a password.
Click here to download DipTimer version 2.02. The first time you run
it, you will get an error due to being unable to find the ini file. This file will be written
the first time that the Done button is clicked on the Options Screen.
If you have previously used DipTimer 1.xx, then version 2.xx will read and update the ini file
to use your old settings, and add defaults for all the new configuration parameters. However,
if you try to revert to 1.xx, it will not read a version 2.xx ini file.
Until you change it, the password is "password" (lower case, case sensitive).
If you forget the password, delete the diptimer.ini file, and then restart the program. This will
reset it to "password". It will also delete all your deadline settings, sound settings, etc.
Click here to download a range of wavefiles to provide warnings at
various points towards each deadline, including a final ten second countdown. Note, this file
is about 1Mb. Alternatively, you can use Windows Sound Recorder to record your own wavefiles.
Brian Shelden has provided an Installer for DipTimer version 2.02, which installs the program
and wavefiles, and sets the Timer up to use the Wavefiles sensibly. Click
here to go to Brian's download page.
New in Version 2.02
New in Version 2.01
- Bug fixed so that setting the deadline doesn't crash the program.
New in Version 2.00
- Correction made so that wavefiles can have a path more than 80 characters long.
New in Version 1.11
- Options dialog split into several sub-dialogs
- Deadlines can be set to different values for different years (e.g. 20 minutes 1901-1905 then 18 minutes 1906 onwards)
- Ability to set up mealbreaks during the game
- Ability to set up timedraws - either forced (e.g. timedraw in 1911) or on a diceroll each year
- Scrolling information bar giving current settings
- Improved control of time to current deadline
- Real time displayed as well as game time
New in Version 1.10
- Wavefile listbox made wider
- Time updated more often to remove appearance of skipping seconds.
- Pause Button added to Options
- Doubleclicking title bar doesn't have odd effects